Diego Alfonso Valdés Contreras
Attacking Midfielder/Right Winger 
Diego Alfonso Valdés Contreras [30-01-1994] is a world class, elite footballer from Chile who is currently playing for Santos Leguna in Mexico. Speed, top quality footwork, exquesite ball control, spectacular in game vision, physicallity and high football IQ are a few characteristics that defines Diego’s football skills and style. Standing 1,79cm tall and weighing 74 kg, the Chilean is quick and agile and offers a real threat to defenders who are caught on the backfoot.
Diego Alfonso Valdés Contreras in 2012 was representing and playing for Audax Italiano U-19 and in 2013 made the jump to the men’s 1st team which competes in the Chilean Primera División (top tier). This club has a rich history in Chile and has competed most of its club history in the Chilean Primera División having won the league multiple times. Diego was able to have trained and taught by some of the best coaches in Chile which guided and shaped him into the player he is today.
Staying at the club until July 2016, the Chilean moved to Club Atlético Morelia, Mexico, where he looked to grow and push his limits as a footballer. Club Atlético Morelia in 2016 was competing in the top tier division called the Primera División de México and was regulated in the 2018-2019 season. Diego Alfonso Valdés Contreras gained 3 seasons worth of experience in the top division in Mexico before they were regulated to the second division. These years helped the Chilean winger/attacking midfielder to grow as a footballer and master his craft.
In Jan 2019, Diego made a move to Santos Laguna where they ended the 2019-2020 season 3rd and currently sitting 8th on the log of the top tier in Mexico. Santos Laguna is one of the most prestigious clubs and top quality coaches/management teams who guide and perfect the players that they work with. Evytal is in partnering and representing Diego for European opportunities which may present themselves.
In addition to represeting elite clubs in Chile and Mexico, Diego also represents the Chilean National Side and made his debut in 2015 and has played 13 official matches for Chile. Diego has played alongside Chilean superstars, such as Alexis Sanchez, Aturo Vidal and Claudio Bravo.
- Tactical Awareness
- Football Skills
- Diego has played a total of 13 games this season for Santos Laguna in the LIGA MX Apertura and has gathered a total of 1034 minutes. This is an average of 79.5 minutes per game.
- He has assisted 3 goals so far in the 2020-2021 season and continues to bea regular starter.
- In the 2019-2020 season, Diego Alfonso Valdés Contreras played a total of 18 matches for Santos Luguna and clocked a total of 854 minutes due to receiving little game time in the beginning half of the season. This however changed in the second half where he began to play the majority each fixture. He ended the 2019-2020 season off with 6 goals and 3 assists.
- Internationally Diego has played a total of 13 games for the Chile national side and has a total of 673 minutes (Avg of 51mins per game). He has scored 1 goal and has assisted 1 goal for his country.
- On the 10th of September 2020 the Chilean was on the bench against Uruguay where Chile lost 2-1.
Other Top Talents Evytal Represents
Evytal Sports Management represents the following top talented football professionals (or promising coming-ups). Please contact us personally for more information.
Luiz Felipe de Souza Soares [Central Defender]
Matheus Oliveira Caliman [Midfielder]
Jackson Nicolau Drummond Costa [Defensive Midfielder]
Mateus Rodrigues dos Santos [Left Wingback]